Thursday, December 17, 2009

Community Group Tonight...

As I closed the door behind Larissa tonight after Community Group and I looked at my empty living room (well, almost empty, my roommate was there), :o) I was suddenly struck by how blessed I am.  I am part of a group that loves the Lord, but also loves me!  As I lay here, trying to sleep but instead writing on my blog, I've thought back on the evening and realized we all stood around talking for over an hour and would have talked another 2 had David not stepped in (Thank goodness for David, cause I was just chattin' it up, not paying attention to the time!) and had us get started with the study portion of Community Group.  But what was so fun is that as the girls in our group gathered in my room (I love the coziness I feel with these girls), we didn't loose momentum on the quality of our conversation, we merely changed topics.  I have been taught so much by these girls and been given a fresh perspective on so many verses that I wish I could write them all down and compile them into a book.  But then it wouldn't hold the same meaning, I guess, as actually hearing those words in their presence.  These women are like iron to me.  We sharpen each other in a way that is important and necessary in our Christian walk.  God has placed each of these women in my path for a reason and I'm so thankful for that!  I'm just thankful to be blessed by these women.


Well, on another note, it seems as though God is in the business of giving me opportunities to work out my passions!  He seems to have been especially busy in that department recently.  Three things I love to do or have always wanted to do are: write a book/novel, be Nancy Drew (not just play her, but actually be her, solve mysteries, the whole nine yards, I even want her car :o) ) and be a wedding planner.  (Nancy Drew would have been able to be a wedding planner and mystery solver, no sweat.)  God has allowed people to cross my path and circumstances to line up such that all three of these passions are colliding into an incredible world of intrigue and joy for me!  I won't bore you with all of the tons of details (which are completely fascinating to me, but I realize may not be as fascinating to others), but I will give you the cliffnotes version.  First of all, my wonderful roommate Natalie got engaged this weekend!!  What makes her even more wonderful is that she has asked me to be her Wedding Planner.  That's it ladies (and gentlemen) I will be walking around with a clipboard and wearing a headset at this incredible woman's wedding and bossing people around because it will be my job!!  I am SO blessed! :o)


The second wonderful collision is related to my family.  About a year ago, I began researching my family history and recently have focused on the Sedgwick side (my maternal grandmother's family).  If you look at the post before this one, you'll see a lot of their pictures.  Anyway, this has been a wonderful twofold blessing mystery to solve.  One, I'm getting to be Nancy Drew and look up information on people who, for the most part, are no longer alive.  Secondly, I'm finding all sorts of people that I'm related to!!  In the last 3 days I've met a man and a woman that I'm related to and corresponded very closely with another who I've known for about a year!  I'm getting the blessing of adding new people to my family and being Nancy Drew.  (Oh and I found the city and street in Germany where my great-great-great-grandfather had his picture taken at a little photography studio.  Yep, found it on Google Maps.  The street is still there and everything.) :o)  Could it get any better than this?!


The third side of this colossal collision is my book.  I've been praying for years that God would open up an avenue for me to write.  Well, in the last 5 or 6 days, this germ of an idea has seemed to have brought on a life of it's own and I can barely go a minute without having new ideas to add to the core premise of this book.  It will be a Bible Study for the single woman, but it's going to deal with the real life questions that women ask, but are sometimes afraid to admit they ask them.  There's so much more to it that I'm still tweaking and I'm sure I'll continue to do so until the study is completed, but I'm really excited about this one.  I'm at a point in my life when I can really celebrate my singleness and God has taught me some amazing lessons that He is now giving me the opportunity to write down.  It's going to be called Frogs and Swamp Butterflies. :o)  (For the story on these two things, check out my post from last week.)  To see how those two stories link together to form the premise of this book....well, you'll just have to wait and see. :o)  Many thanks go out to all the wonderful ladies who have taken time out of their busy schedules to write down some of their key struggles with singleness.  May you be blessed for sharing your heart with me!!


Well, the inevitable has come and I need to force my body to go to sleep.  I'm incredibly excited about what God is doing in my life right now and the lives of others around me.  God is good, very very good.  What's cool is that right now, I feel like He's good, however, no matter what I feel......God is good.  I'm just thankful for the times that He really impresses these moments of goodness on my heart to remember during the times when I don't feel Him.  He is faithful.


Goodnight friends.

No comments: