Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Spiritual Reminder from Facebook?

I was checking a few messages on Facebook today and randomly looked up to the right hand corner.  I've only recently noticed FB doing this thing where they show you former posts from your friends, etc.  Today I saw, for the first time, the line "On this day in 2010" and below it is my status from that day, "It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desire which He creates. ~ Amy Carmichael".  Last August, I had no idea what adventure He would take me on in a mere 12 months!  He created a desire in my heart to share His love with the world, especially with His little children who don't have parents or family to love on them.  He created a desire for discipleship, a desire to see men and women who are the body of Christ grow in their love for Him and their love for others.  To see a people who put Christ first in their lives rise up and love those around them, take care of them, seek justice for them.  All of these things were desires in my heart and 12 months later He is in the midst of providing for me to live out these desires in my work with Journey117 (World Orphans).  I've been so caught up in the present of raising support and preparing to move to Denver that I have forgotten to look back sometimes.  I look back and see where God has taken me and it makes me smile.  It reminds me deep in my heart that God is faithful, He is trustworthy and even when I don't see it (as I didn't back in August of 2010), He will fulfill the desire He has created.  Thank you Facebook (and Amy Carmichael) for the good reminder today of the blessing of a God who is in control and a God who is faithful.

No comments: