Sunday, November 08, 2009

Amazing Grace....

Do you have a song that you just never get tired of?  One of those songs that you could listen to millions of times in a row and still want to listen to it again?  I have my music on random at the moment and Amazing Grace (Chris Tomlin's version) is playing and this is one of those songs for me.  This song brings incredible thoughts and peace to my heart.  The emotions tied to this song are incredible for me.  I'm reminded of experiences with the Lord's Supper at church, I have visions of the incredible picture that Amazing Grace the movie puts in my head in connection to this song, and then I'm reminded of my own life.  Without His grace I would be so lost.  My life would have no meaning.  I would be a wanderer in this life, but instead He has redeemed me.  I am now a sojourner on my way to my true home.  And someday I will be able to praise my incredible Father face-to-face for the grace He has provided for mankind!  My heart waits peacefully and expectantly for that day.


"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now am found.
Was blind, but now I see.


My chains are gone, I've been set free,
My God, my Saviour has ransomed me.
And like a flood, His mercy rains,
Unending Love, Amazing Grace.


The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word, my hope secures.
He will my sheild and portion be,
as long as life endures.


The Earth shall soon disolve like snow,
The sun forget to shine.
But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine!"

No comments: