Sunday, March 11, 2012

Preparing for Haiti

Just a few hours ago I completely my last conference call with my team before we leave for Haiti this Friday.  I have to admit, it was a little bitter sweet. :)  I get to meet them in person on Friday for the first time (which I VERY excited about) and we'll have a call or two like this when we get back (so it's not over), but I realize that this is it.  Whatever wisdom I've hoped to impart better have been "imparted" by now, whatever stories, whatever trip details, whatever period.  And as I look back on all of the calls I am reminded that none of the wisdom that was shared was my wisdom (or even came out of my mouth many times), none of the details are my details, none of the stories were mine.  What has happened with our team has all been God.  God brought these 14 precious people together to form an amazing team from Evanston, IL.  God put the desire in each of our hearts to serve the orphan.  God taught us along the way what His will, even His command, and His heart is in relation to the orphan.  And God is the one who is responsible for the details.  Each of us has worked and planned for this trip, but ultimately God is the one that holds the timetable and the details.

As I look ahead to this week, I think of all of the details I need to take care of, money I need to plan for, and things I need to pack.  But my prayer not only for myself, but for our team is that we will remember why we are going above all the last minute details.  We are going to Learn, to Seek and to Defend.  Lord, help us remember!

No comments: